Internet Information Services (IIS) creates the IUSR_computername account to authenticate anonymous users in response to a request for Web content. The IUSR_computername account, where computername is the name of the server that is running IIS, gives the user access to resources anonymously under the context of the IUSR account. You can reset anonymous user access to use any valid Windows account.
In a stand-alone environment, the IUSR_computername account is on the local server. If the server is a domain controller, the IUSR_computername account is defined for the domain.
By default, anonymous access is disabled by Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 when you create a new Web application. This provides an additional layer of security because IIS rejects anonymous access requests before they can ever be processed by Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 if anonymous access is disabled.
Enable anonymous access for a zone of a Web application
1. From Administrative Tools, open the SharePoint Central Administration Web site application.
2. On the Central Administration home page, click Application Management.
3. On the Application Management page, in the Application Security section, click Authentication providers.
4. On the Authentication Providers page, make sure the Web application that is listed in the Web Application box (under Site Actions) is the one that you want to configure. If the listed Web application is not the one that you want to configure, click the drop-down arrow to the right of the Web Application drop-down list box and select Change Web Application.
5. In the Select Web Application dialog box, click the Web application that you want to configure.
6. On the Authentication Providers page, click the zone of the Web application on which you want to enable anonymous access. The zones that are configured for the selected Web application are listed on the Authentication Providers page.
7. On the Edit Authentication page, in the Anonymous Access section, select Enable Anonymous Access, and then click Save.
At this point, the Web application zone has been enabled for anonymous access.
Enable anonymous access for individual sites
1. Go to the site on which you want to enable anonymous access and click the Site Actions menu.
2. On the Site Actions menu, click Site Settings.
3. On the Site Settings page, in the Users and Permissions section, click Advanced Permissions.
4. On the Permissions page, on the Settings menu, click Anonymous Access. The settings for anonymous access lists three options:
- Entire Web site Select this option if you want to enable anonymous access for the entire Web site.
- Lists and libraries Select this option if you want to limit anonymous access to only the lists and libraries on your site.
- Nothing Select this option if you want to prevent anonymous access from being used on your site.
5. Click OK.
At this point, your site is configured for anonymous access based on the options that you have selected.
Enable anonymous access for individual lists
1. Go to the home page of your Web site and, in the left navigation pane, click View All Site Content
2. Click the list on which you want to enable anonymous access.
3. On the Settings menu, click List Settings.
4. On the Customize List page, in the Permissions and Management section, click Permissions for this list.
5. On the Permissions page, on the Actions menu, click Edit Permissions. A dialog box is displayed informing you that you are about to create unique permissions for this list. Click OK.
6. On the Settings menu, click Anonymous Access.
7. Select permissions for users who have anonymous access to the list, and then click OK.
At this point, users have anonymous access to the list you have configured. You can control whether users have anonymous access to other lists, the home page, or other pages on this site.
Hope this help!!
What is so SPECIAL on ASPHostDirectory.com Sharepoint Hosting?
We know that finding a cheap, reliable web host is not a simple task so we’ve put all the information you need in one place to help you make your decision. At ASPHostDirectory, we pride ourselves in our commitment to our customers and want to make sure they have all the details they need before making that big decision.
We will work tirelessly to provide a refreshing and friendly level of customer service. We believe in creativity, innovation, and a competitive spirit in all that we do. We are sound, honest company who feels that business is more than just the bottom line. We consider every business opportunity a chance to engage and interact with our customers and our community. Neither our clients nor our employees are a commodity. They are part of our family.
The followings are the top 10 reasons you should trust your online business and hosting needs to us:
- FREE domain for Life - ASPHostDirectory gives you your own free domain name for life with our Professional Hosting Plan and 3 free domains with any of Reseller Hosting Plan! There’s no need to panic about renewing your domain as ASPHostDirectory will automatically do this for you to ensure you never lose the all important identity of your site
- 99,9% Uptime Guarantee - ASPHostDirectory promises it’s customers 99.9% network uptime! We are so concerned about uptime that we set up our own company to monitor people’s uptime for them called ASPHostDirectory Uptime
- 24/7-based Support - We never fall asleep and we run a service that is opening 24/7 a year. Even everyone is on holiday during Easter or Christmast/New Year, we are always behind our desk serving our customers
- Customer Tailored Support - if you compare our hosting plans to others you will see that we are offering a much better deal in every aspect; performance, disk quotas, bandwidth allocation, databases, security, control panel features, e-mail services, real-time stats, and service
- Money Back Guarantee - ASPHostDirectory offers a ‘no questions asked’ money back guarantee with all our plans for any cancellations made within the first 30 days of ordering. Our cancellation policy is very simple - if you cancel your account within 30 days of first signing up we will provide you with a full refund
- Experts in Sharepoint Hosting - Given the scale of our environment, we have recruited and developed some of the best talent in the hosting technology that you are using. Our team is strong because of the experience and talents of the individuals who make up ASPHostDirectory
- Daily Backup Service - We realise that your website is very important to your business and hence, we never ever forget to create a daily backup. Your database and website are backup every night into a permanent remote tape drive to ensure that they are always safe and secure. The backup is always ready and available anytime you need it
- Easy Site Administration - With our powerful control panel, you can always administer most of your site features easily without even needing to contact for our Support Team. Additionally, you can also install more than 100 FREE applications directly via our Control Panel in 1 minute!